This is a community based project which provides Housing related support to women and their families who are at a risk of or are experiencing domestic abuse.
We work in partnership with other relevant agencies to assist service users to maintain their tenancies and enable them to take control of their lives. Support is provided through the system of needs assessment, support planning and reviews.
Our service users are supported to live independently, safely and purposefully in their communities with opportunities to build resilience and coping mechanisms for their futures.
This service is provided across Cardiff, Newport, Swansea, Merthyr Tydfil and Wrexham.
We provide individualised needs based support and assistance:
- With risk assessment, risk management and safeguarding
- To secure and maintain tenancies, maximise income and deal with debts
- To deal with immigration, child contact and other legal issues
- To access health services
- To access personal development training opportunities
- To access counselling and therapeutic group sessions
- To access domestic abuse awareness sessions with the ultimate aim of prevention of revictimisation
This is a partnership project between Cardiff Women’s Aid, Bawso and Llamau. This project provides a single gateway to all victims of Domestic Abuse in Cardiff. Bawso provides both accommodation and community based support to all BME women who are victims of Domestic Abuse.