This is a community based project that provides support for BME victims of domestic abuse who have difficulties maintaining tenancies. The aim is to encourage women to decide their own futures, based on a real, informed choices.
We support them to live independently, safely and purposefully in their communities with opportunities to build resilience and coping mechanisms for their futures.
This project operates across Cardiff, Newport, Swansea and Merthyr.
The Floating Support Worker will provide:
- Housing related support to women at risk of domestic abuse or where domestic abuse is a significant support need
- Appropriate advice and support to address domestic abuse issues and any other relevant housing related support issues for women
- Enable women to take control of their lives
- A safe support network through which women can start to address issues as defined by them in a way that is appropriate to their ambitions, networks and current life experiences
- Educate and inform on domestic abuse issues, especially the effects on women and children with the ultimate aim of prevention
- Work in a proactive manner with both statutory and voluntary sectors to address the cause of homelessness amongst women with the ultimate aim of prevention.
This is a partnership project between Cardiff Women’s Aid, Bawso and Llamau. This project provides a single gateway to all victims of Domestic Abuse in Cardiff. Bawso provides both accommodation and support to all BME victims of Domestic Abuse.